The official publication of the North American Conference on British Studies (NACBS), the Journal of British Studies, has positioned itself as the critical resource for scholars of British culture from the Middle Ages through the present. Drawing on both established and emerging approaches, JBS presents scholarly articles and books reviews from renowned international authors who share their ideas on British society, politics, law, economics, and the arts. In 2005 (Vol. 44), the journal merged with the NACBS publication Albion, creating one journal for NACBS membership.
The Announcement for the 2017 Competition for this Grant will be Posted in Summer.
NACBS STERN GRANT
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS TO ATTEND NACBS CONFERENCE
****The NACBS is pleased to announce that it will, once again, offer Stern Grants in 2016. Please read below for details.
The NACBS STERN GRANT is intended to provide financial assistance for graduate students who attend the annual NACBS meeting. Recipients may receive up to $500 in reimbursement for travel, lodging, and registration costs incurred as a result of attendance.
Guidelines for applicants:
- You must be a graduate student in good standing at a Ph.D.-granting degree program in British studies and a member of the NACBS.
- You must provide a justification for your attendance at the annual meeting and a budget of expenses.
- Your faculty advisor, who also must be a member of the NACBS, is required to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
Procedures for application:
- Please submit your request for funds by email to the Executive Secretary under the subject line: Stern Grant Application. Your request should include the following information: your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number; the Ph.D. program in which you are enrolled; the name of your faculty advisor; your purpose in attending the NACBS meeting; an estimated budget of expenses.
- In addition, request that your faculty advisor send a letter of recommendation to the Executive Secretary by email, again with the subject line: Stern Grant Application.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are panelists on the NACBS program and/or are award recipients. Awardees must submit to the Executive Secretary and Treasurer all receipts for reimbursement within one month of the end of the annual meeting.
- Application deadline: October 15, 2016
Applications and letters of recommendation must be emailed to: