NACBS Travel Grant for Postdoctoral Researchers
The grant will contribute to covering the cost of visas, travel, accommodation, and subsistence for post-doctoral researchers based in North America working on any aspect of British studies but without access to institutional funding to travel for research. Two grants - one for pre-1800 and one for post-1800 research on British studies, at the value of c. $4000 each.
- PhD (or equivalent) from a North American institution and awarded in the last five years
- applicant living in North America at the time of the application (citizenship status in North America is not a requirement, although applicants may need to get a visa for entry into the UK)
- membership of the NACBS and willingness to present research at the conference
- not in tenure-track position
- lacking or otherwise ineligible for institutional research funds
- research statement necessitating archival research in the UK (maximum 500 words)
- list of archives and materials to be consulted
- breakdown of predicted costs (flights, accommodation, etc.)
- one-page CV
- brief cover letter
We encourage applications from people historically excluded from academia, including scholars from the global majority world, BIPOC in North America, LGBT+, disabled, and women applicants.
Application materials to be emailed directly to Dr Onni Gust at email@example.com (post 1800) and Dr David Gehring at firstname.lastname@example.org (pre-1800).
April 17, 2023 at 3PM EST